Wednesday, October 15, 2008

3 Months and More Yoga

Ezra turned "3" on Tuesday. We celebrated by going to the pet store to buy more food and cage filler for the guinea pigs. Woo Hoo! Ezra didn't seem to mind the lack of cake... though, I did, a bit. :)
He has new tricks these days. He has laughed 3 times quite obviously and had some half hearted attempts at it for Brendan this morning. He's starting to roll a little more from his back to his side. I'm working on more effective tummy time to strengthen his arms. I'll try my best to get some laughing on video once it becomes a more regular behavior.

Ezra has now joined his mother in being a yoga fan. Brendan ordered Itsy Bitsy Yoga for us, and so far Ezra really seems to enjoy doing baby yoga with us. I think it is helping him to relax before bedtime, and it must also be aiding his digestion b/c we don't have nearly as many bouts with a fussy tummy these days. I love having more ideas for how to play with him, and I'm glad that I can know what all the little games and stretches are helping Ezra to learn or helping his body to do. Ezra's favorite pose? SUPER BABY! He also seems to like One Foot, Two Foot Lotus. I HIGHLY reccomend getting this book. Be ready to ignore whatever cheesy stuff bothers you (umm, imagine your heart glowing with your favorite color????), but overall it is really great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember how ET's heart was kind of glowing in that movie? I wonder if that was his favorite color. Maybe he was doing itsy bitsy yoga for aliens? Who knows? I am SO glad to hear that Ezra's tummy feels better!!