Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bakery Story and More Pics

A warm Texas day- probably 70-something. Of course, day after Christmas it was 18 and snowing




Helping Poppy play speed scrabble

in his Christmas outfit playing the plockie game with g-ma



Dusty, Whit, Me, and Rib




BOGGLE!!! Brendan always stomps everyone


Bakery Story:

So, you know what a "cream horn" is? It's this pastry shaped like a horn that's filled with creamy frosting. Mom likes them, and Whitney and I were in the bakery getting my favorite childhood cookies and thought we'd get mom a cream horn.

Me:"I need a cream horn and..."
Cashier: "What?"
Me:"A cream horn"
Cashier:"HUH?"
Me: "CREAM HORN"
Cashier (with a knowing look) "OH, cream CORN"
Me: "NO. cream HHHHORN."
Whitney and I had to use every last shred of willpower to not completely lose it. I had to finish my order. When she walked away we both lost it. The cashier came back over and Whitney had to run away to the day old rack and become way to interested in a loaf of bread just to be able to keep it together. It was hilarious! So, now we're always saying, Oh, cream CORN. Pretty much my favorite funny experience of the year- almost tops baby sing along.

ALSO, I loathsomely left Uncle Dusty out of my last post. Hanging out with my hilarious brother-in-law has been a highlight of the trip. Watching him and Whit together is so fun especially since last year we were all so busy doing the wedding that we hardly had time to get to know Dustin. He, like Whit, is great with Ezra, and I'm so sad that Ez won't get to spend more time in his young life around his Texan aunt and uncle. If Dustin ends up preaching at a church near you, GO THERE!






2 comments:

Sarah Partain said...

"Oh, hilarious."

Blythe said...

Keep posting more pictures from Texas, I love it!