Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation Bible School

VBS at CrossPoint Green Lake will be held July 11, 13-17. Call 206-789-7320 for more info or email me. I'm "in charge"of publicity, so I figure this counts somewhat toward my goal. Please send your kiddos! They will have a blast and hopefully learn great truth. It is a very well done curriculum focusing on Christ's journey from Heaven to earth to become and live as a man for our sakes and go back to Heaven to secure our place there. This is the best news there has ever been, and I pray that many children will grow and learn of their lover, brother, and friend!

As convinced as I am that the Gospel is powerful and God's greatest gift to man, I am still so hesitant to share the news with my friends and contacts. Pray for my faith and for boldness to speak of Him to others- especially as I have been charged with reaching out for perfect strangers to come to our VBS. Why am I more afraid of 30 awkward seconds with someone as I hand over a flyer than I am of her or her children losing an opportunity to hear of eternal life!?! Such selfishness. What's that song? "Hide it under a bushel? NO! I'm gonna let it shine." Huh, probably learned that at a VBS...

No comments: