Monday, June 7, 2010

Ivo

Ezra is out at the "Mobal Bains" (trns: Barnes and Noble Trains) with Grandma Laura, and Ivo is sleeping peacefully in the Moses basket (despite a cold... oh, poor second child). So, dear reader, I'm posting photos!!!

First, a few words about Segundo:
We think he's awesome. He's a very mellow baby. He slept in the sling today through Ezra's toddler music class at Gymboree. All the mommies were shocked :). He sleeps ok; he wakes a lot but is really good about going right back to sleep when I tuck him in next to me after he eats. He eats like a CHAMP; I have more milk than I know what to do with, and I thank God for it EVERY DAY!!! So different than last time! Ivo has already come so beautifully through some owies and illness, and I can see that he (at least at almost 4 wks...) is WAY more like Brendan personality-wise. That's great! I love Brendan's personality (although it often mystifies me b/c we are SO different). I can't wait to see if Ez and Ivo have similar difficulties relating to each other... but that's getting ahead of ourselves. Right now he's just a great baby; Ezra is a good, nice brother; and we are tired but extremely happy parents.

Couple little things about Ez: more hilarious by the day, clever as all get-out, compassionate and emotionally perceptive... oh, and SUPER NAUGHTY sometimes :). He has just started in the last week to get jealous about Ivo needing me all the time (to eat), and he insists that I carry him every chance I get. So, that's all normal and understandable, but if you're gonna pray for us about something, that'd be my request.

Now PHOTOS:

That's my MOTHER... not my sister :)

This is the look I have on my face in almost all the pictures...





Poppy and his two boys :). This makes me so happy, and I can't wait to get to TEXAS!


All GQ in his Aunt Pants onesie. First shirt he ever wore :)


First check-up. We were sad that Leslie was on vacation...


belly smiles


MOBY DAD!!!

3 comments:

Sarah H said...

Yay, love all the pictures! I'm so glad to hear that nursing is going well, I've been praying for you about that. :)

Sarah Partain said...

It sounds like we are having a similar 'second child' experiences! flannery eats so much, and is so fat! we love it and are soooo amazed that she and amos could be in the same family! she's also a bit more laid back, like nathan, although, she has this sublte spunk that is hard to put your finger on!
ivo is so cute...he even looks like brendan. i love how you two have two mini-mes!
so glad everything is going well. i read the birth story again on brendan's blog and could not believe how awesome and different it was. praise God. feel like i can't say it enough!
love you all!

Anonymous said...

How perfect that God has given you a mellow boy to go with that spicy firstborn! Hmmmm, "more hilarious by the day, clever as all get-out, compassionate and emotionally perceptive... oh, and SUPER NAUGHTY sometimes..." Sounds like another fantastic person I love and adore :)
We can't wait for you to get to Texas!