Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Leaving Again

I'm sorry I didn't get any good pictures post from the Indyennessee trip, but, truly, everyone else already put up all the good stuff anyway. Brendan did a new batch the other day, so you can always try threebrothers.org/brendan.

I'm preparing to once again depart. I'm going to Texas to be with my mom and dad for a few days. They got a new house a couple months ago, and I'm going to see it and confirm all of mom's design decisions. Also, they'll get to have some fun pregnant time. So far, they've only gotten lame first trimester visits during which I didn't look pregnant, they couldn't feel him, and I was sick and tired the whole time. Now, although I'm back to getting very easily tired, I've got a belly, and Spud is always showing off. My favorite trick is his elbow making circles on me when we rest on my left side. I wish I could see him do it! It feels really funny. For all his wiggles, though, I'm pretty sure that he's not doing much major changing of positions. Every morning I can feel his little rear end in the same place to the left of my belly button. ANYWAY, I'm excited to be there in 'rillo with them.

Sadly, Whitney will not be there. I don't think I've ever been home and not had her there. I'm really bummed about that because I miss her, and she needs love and attention! I guess I'll just have to lavish it all on the dog, Skeeter. He, too, is a worthy recipient. I will have to console myself in Whit's absence with the consumption of large amounts of home-cooked Texan delights- like steak, stuffed jalepenos, grilled you-name-it, and Texican food. Thankfully, mom and dad are very healthy folks, so getting all the good vitamins and nutrients Spud needs will be easy to do too while I let myself eat a little extra fat and salt than normal :). And that steak will be good for my low iron!

So, don't expect much posting from me in the next week or so. I've been so bad about it lately! Indications that, at least for the month of April, I've sort of had a life! May will be busy with moving and our birth/early infancy class. Then, it's the home stretch! I cannot wait to meet Spud! And give him a real name... which, by the way, we've made no progress on! But, no, thanks, I don't need suggestions :)

3 comments:

Laura & Whitney said...

Are you sure you don't want suggestions, because I'm really starting to like "blimblam..."
Oh, and thanks for equalling me with the dog...Skeeter is much more entertaining, true, but at least I don't go into psychotic "foot fits..."
Well...unless they figure out what's wrong with me soon...I might just start having some psychotic fits...haha oh crap....

Sarah Partain said...

Wait are you sure you don't need any more names? :)
Sorry you were overwhelmed with ideas from us...I think you got our creative minds going. We had fun having you here and can't wait to meet Spud too! Love you bunches!

Joni said...

Just wanted to say hi. I have a google alert for my step-daughter, her name is Jessica Ann Ribera. I have been sent links to your blog a few times. Now I just want to say hello and best of luck with your baby! What a joy for you.
Anyways, I live in Dash Point just south of Federal Way. My Jessica Ribera (23yrs)is in Portland.
Once again, best of luck to you and congratulations.

Joni Ribera