Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cupcakes

All my facebook friends are well aware of my new obsession with Trophy Cupcake and Party in Wallingford. Now, I feel compelled to write a blog post about them too!

I have NEVER been a real dessert girl. Especially since moving to Seattle, I always wanted more dinner than dessert. But, now that I'm carrying the spawn of a sweet tooth, I really like the sugar. Of course, a lot of that stems from my increasing caloric and protein needs. My body only thinks it wants dessert because sugar is quick energy. But, WHATEVER. I pack in the protein and eat very healthily, so if I feel like one desserty indulgence a day - I'm doing it!

Trophy Cupcake's owner was featured on Martha Stewart several months ago, and I finally made a visit. Martha was definitely on to something because this shop makes the best cupcakes I have EVER had. The frosting is really what does it; it is super creamy, never crusty, and very flavorful. It all tastes nice and homemade, and they feature fresh ingredients (like the farmer's market blueberries in my blueberry cupcake today). I've been to other shops in town, and it would almost be cruel to compare them to Trophy.

Here's what I got today:
That's my half-eaten blueberry on the plate. In the box, from left to right, are hummingbird (pineapple-banana cake with cream cheese frosting), mint-chocolate, and vanilla-chocolate.

So, if you live in Seattle, EAT A CUPCAKE! Trophy Cupcake

6 comments:

The Robbins & Co said...

girl, i can't even believe it...you are eating sweets! i hope it sticks, as in i hope you still want sweets even after the birth. dessert is such a wonderful thing!

brandin + kari said...

mmmm...they are SOOOO good! I have to say the Mint Chocolate Chip is DIVINE. Hope Spudinator liked them:)

Laura & Whitney said...

You can take me there when I come. :) What is it with cupcakes...they are definitely taking over girls' minds all over the country these days.

Hobbit Wife said...

last night, jen mann and my kitchen braved the recipe for trophy's s'mores cupcakes (as featured on martha stewart), and they were A.MAZ.ING!!! the graham cracker crust was delectably buttery and crumbly, the cake was moist and chocolaty rich, and the meringue "marshmallow" icing got EVERYWHERE, just like with a real s'more!
if you decide to make these at home, beware that the recipe will yield for you enough cupcakes to start your own franchise. tonight we are taking the oodles of leftovers to georgiana vanderhoff's birthday party... and it's a good thing. like s'mores, one of these cupcakes is not enough, and eliminating temptation by eating all the chocolaty darlin's myself is sadly not an option. my butt just won't stand for it!

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes for everyone!!

Sarah H said...

I think we need to make a cupcake run together...