Monday, June 16, 2008

Baby Shower!

Here, for your viewing pleasure, are some pics from the highlights of another busy week. I think that, one way or another, I got to play hostess every day last week. I love doing that, so that made me happy. I definitely do get more tired than I formerly did; but after being cooped up alone for all those weeks of back pain, it was WAY worth it!

These are some attempts at a little photo shoot on Thursday night when some of my favorite people under 3ft came over for dinner with their moms. We had a fun time- especially the guinea pigs (or as some say, the "gimme" pigs) who got extra treats!

(a little something to remember as you look at these pictures: I'm 37 weeks pregnant!)




Alright, now for baby shower pictures! We had a great time, and it was just my kind of party: laid back, lots of excellent food, great crowd, no awkward make-me-cry-too-much moments :). This whole year of pregnancy adventure has been emotional enough, so I really enjoyed just having a fun, happy, chill celebration. Everyone was so generous to me and Spud, and we got quite the mound of fantastic, practical gifts. I'm not taking a thing back! Really!!!

Kariokra, Aunt Patty, Auntie Kistamine, GG, and Lola

I'm sure I'm not supposed to say things like this, but I have to admit that that robot shirt was probably my favorite thing! I mean, Spud's dad is a computer dork, so I have to love that sort of thing even more!
Opening Kari's present was the one moment that almost did make me cry b/c she wrote a sweet note, and I've known her longer than anyone else in Seattle. I'm so glad she's still around to share in all these little milestones. Above: me looking at Karioke as she explains the significance of her gift of favorite books of her childhoood

Liam and Lola. Having 2 baby boys there made me even more excited about Spuddy Buddy!

My lovely hostesses: Hannah, Christy, and Caroline. Caroline especially did a great job of hosting the other little girls who joined us :)



Hooray for nipple protectors and a lifetime supply of nursing pads (I received more than are pictured here)! Such wise friends I have :)

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

awww...and Liam had a great time too! I think he's excited to meet Spud and play boy games...too many girlfriends right now!

The Robbins & Co said...

This might be TMI, but it was VERY wise for someone to give you life time supply of breast pads. I have gone through SO MANY already, and I've only been nursing for 2 weeks!!!

Intrepidity said...

looks like a great party! sad I couldn't join in but glad there are blogs to live vicariously through!

Ashley said...

I'm sad I missed your shower, Jessica. It looks like you had a great time though. Yay, that's what showers are for!

Laura & Whitney said...

Yay! Hey! I'm coming to see you (and spud) REALLY soon! I'm excited....

Sarah Partain said...

I've tagged you!! So while you wait for Spuddy you have something to do! :) Check out my taggy blog post for the next steps. Love you!

Sarah Partain said...

and ps
wish we were there...

Sarah H said...

It was a lovely shower! I'm so glad I could be a part of it. :)

Don't worry, you will go through those nursing pads in NO TIME. Seriously.

Smile said...

You looked so cute at your shower! By the way, your quiches in the most recent post look delicious!