Monday, June 2, 2008

The Weekend

Well, once a gain things were busy :). However, I'm learning to do a bit better at letting people help me and trying to sit as much as possible. At least, I think I am; Brendan may have a different opinion!

Thursday night we had a little birthday party for Rib with our parish group and a few extra friends. He's the whopping old age of 24 now. I did not take pictures... lame of me :(. We had a good time, though, with lots of food and loud conversation. I haven't recovered from my party paranoia that was developed at the old apartment. I think that around here a little extra volume is acceptable. The people beneath us seem like musicians which is a good sign. I didn't write a birthday post for Brendan. I figure that will be a practice for Meadors only. After all, I say nice things on here about Rib all the time! Like this: he gets better all the time, and I'm amazed at how attentive and willing to help and love on me he's been lately :). Happy Birthday, Rib! Glad you were born... and so is Spud!

Here are pictures of the finished apartment!

Our room...
Spud's crib...
Spud's room...
(The white throw pillows are just pillow forms that I'm going to cover in green flannel to match Spuddy's crib)


My cutey little breakfast nook...
(that FINALLY got finished after a return trip to Ikea to purchase the correct length of leg for the table... I was brain dead by the end of that first trip, and, of course, that leg was the only thing that I retrieved on my own w/out Brendan's double-check)

Living room...
The "Library" aka: the other end of the living room that Rib is using as office and I will use as craft space. Notice our ergonomic yoga ball office chair


Saturday brought our last birthing class about breastfeeding and infant care. I was EXHAUSTED and hurting during it, but it still was really fun. It helped me to finally make a choice about what to try for my diaper plan. I also got even more excited about how wonderful and cool breastfeeding is. God is wise. We spent the afternoon prepping at the Ribera's for Laura's very merry un-50th-birthday. Her birthday is September 1st, so the start of school is always eclipsing her opportunity to party. So, we did it in May instead. The party was a hit, I thought. I overdid it a bit, though I swear I tried to not!

Naturally, Saturday night I got almost no sleep thanks to my pain and was pretty miserable on Sunday. I also was super weepy. I was frustrated with myself because I was being so blubbery, but I know- my hormones are out of control! The pain is sometimes enough to make me cry, but I was really a mess. Finally, it occurred to me that it was June 1st- the day I found out last year at SeaTac while picking up my mom that I was definitely miscarrying Speck. So, once again, my little soul knew that there was something to cry about before my brain registered the occasion. That realization actually brought some joy because I'm so glad that this year I have a practically full-term baby in my belly... even if I can hardly walk. I'll take this over the pain of losing a baby ANYTIME! Of course, I did have some sadness about Speckie, but it was ok. I then took a pretty good nap. At church last night, some folks gathered about and prayed for my sciatica after Pastor Kelly anointed me with oil. That led to me feeling more peaceful about it all. Meanwhile, I'm still hurting, but my soul feels like I've had a recharge to keep dealing with it. So, that's good, and I'm thankful.

4 comments:

Laura & Whitney said...

Well sounds like you had a crazy weekend. I'm sorry about the pain. I will be praying for you! :)

Sarah Partain said...

a)we love your apartment and i ESPECIALLY love your numbers bed set. soooo cute!
2)thanks for saying things to us that you say to yourself and decide to share. i loved that you realized this time last year and that you were joyful for a different kind of pain. it's almost over!
c)we miss you and love you and can't wait to meet spud!!

Sarah H said...

Glad you're coping, I've been praying for you. We had lots of fun at the party!! :)

And I just have to say, breastfeeding is just so incredibly amazing. And it's so cool how your body makes exactly what your baby needs exactly when they need it. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the numerals bedspread; it appeals to my inner math-o-phile. Everything looks so cute, and I can't wait to be there in person. Hold on Spuddie! Wait for Grandma Debbie! And try to be nicer to your wonderful, beautiful mommy.