Thursday, November 6, 2008

I remember sleep

Well, it seems to be all the rage these days: babies up in the middle of the night! Brendan and I just had 3 really miserable nights. Ezra has been back to waking up every hour and staying awake between about 3 and 6! Like my dear friend I finally got super frustrated with him last night. Of course, after about 30 seconds of whisper yelling "go to sleep!" I dissolve into feeling bad about being angry with him. It's just so hard. I love him so much, and I don't want him to hurt or be sad. We actually wound up having a pretty cute time together from 5-6 as he sleepily smiled at me from his blanket on the floor, so that was encouraging. Now, though, it's the morning, and I'm running on a third straight night of about 4 (non-consecutive) hours of sleep.

I think it's his teeth, and I think he's hitting some new developmental milestones which also interrupt sleep. He may be going through the 4 month sleep regression a bit early or just growing again. He's still so tall and thin!

2 comments:

Sarah Partain said...

Argh!
I am so sorry for you both! I used to whisper yell at Amos, too--I felt so bad, how could I act that way to my preemie?!?!
You'll get through it. I'll keep you in my prayers. Sleep deprivation is a toughy.

Anonymous said...

I also whisper-yelled at you...sorry